Does P90X Work for Skinny Guys?
I was always skeptical of the P90X videos that showed dramatic P90X transformations of skinny guys getting ripped or very overweight guys losing a ton of weight. I really didn't believe that those types of transformations were possible in just 90 days. I have always been a very skinny guy - what some people would call a hard gainer. It has always been difficult for me to put on any weight and I had difficulty building muscle. Last year, I decided to Bring It hard for 90 days and decide for myself if P90X really works.
My Answer = Skinny Guys Can Absolutely get Ripped with P90X
In 90 days I was able to transform my body, build lean muscle, and get ripped abs. I can honestly say that P90X works for skinny guys like me - my before and after pictures are the proof. How did I do it? Well, I made a total commitment to follow the program 100% for 90 days. It certainly wasn't easy, and I started and failed several times before I had any success. However, once I finally committed to the 90 days - without skipping workouts, following the nutrition plan, and drinking Shakeology - I was able to get the kind of results that you see on TV. I am proof that this program can work and I want to share the secrets with you.
If you want to learn the secrets to my success, sign up for a Free Beachbody Membership and make me your coach. I will add you to my personal accountability group and help you to find the right workout and nutrition that works for you. Don't expect overnight success, but if you put in the effort, you will be rewarded. Here are a few tips to get you started:
1. Lift Heavy - If have done P90X you have heard Tony talk about the 8-10 range or the 12-15 range. You should be lifting a weight heavy enough that you can barely complete the 10th rep. If you don't feel a burn on the 8th and 9th reps then you are wasting your time and you will not get the results. Check out my article about the equipment needed to do P90X for best results.
2. Eat your Protein - As a skinny guy, you don't have a lot of reserve fuel for your workouts or to build muscle. You should be eating 5-6 times a day and getting plenty of Protein. Protein is the building block for muscle. A good point of reference is 1.5 to 2 times your weight is the number of grams of Protein. Ex. I weigh 150 so aim for 300 - 350 g of Protein per day. If you do not get plenty of protein in your diet then your body will not have the necessary components to rebuild and grow your muscles when you workout.
3. Clean Calories - Along with the Protein mentioned above, you need to be sure you get enough calories in your daily diet. Most skinny guys have a very high metabolism and will burn through a ton of calories each day. I typically try to eat between 3500 and 4000 calories to add mass. Of couse you can't go out and eat donuts and ice cream to get 4000 calories. You need to eat foods that are rich in nutrients and give your body the right fuel to operate efficiently. If you are not sure how to get 4000 clean calories in a day, check out my diet to build muscle mass.
4. Drink Shakeology - Most of us do not get all the nutrition we need through food alone. We need to supplement our diet so that we can provide our bodies with the vitamins, minerals and nutrients that we need to build muscle. I use several different supplements but the most important is Shakeology. Shakeology has over 70 healthy ingredients including Protein, vitamins, minerals, prebiotics, digestive enzymes, Antioxidants and Phytonutrients. The health benefits of Shakeology are amazing.
5. Drink Plenty of Water - Water is critical to our body in many ways. A good rule of thumb is to drink 8, 8-oz glasses of water per day. However, everyone is different so a good way to know that you are getting enough water is to observe your urine. It should be oderless and colorless. If you notice that your urine is bright yellow then you are not getting enough water.
6. Get enough sleep - You should aim for 7-8 hours of sleep per night. If you don't get enough sleep, then you are not going to have the energy you need to maximize your workout. Also, your muscles grow while you are resting and sleeping. So by not giving yourself enough quality sleep your body isn't able to repair and recover your muscles as well as it could.
I have finally learned the secret to fitness success. If you are not getting the results you want, or if you are not sure where to start, let me coach you for Free. Sign up for a Free account with Team Beachbody and specify me as your coach. I will share my experience with you and support you to build the body you always wanted.
If this article is helpful to you then scroll up to the top and share this post on Facebook and Twitter. Sharing is Caring!
|< Prev||Next >|